Saturday, May 16, 2015

Killer Mike Is Killing Shit With His Activism (Bill Maher Appearance, Video)

I like to think I use the blog for good (or try too, maybe I'm not at that level yet), and I definitely have to speak on something I believe needs attention. Killer Mike made an appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher recently and discussed the events of Ferguson along with free trade, the declination of Christianity among the youth, and multiple other things.


Is Killer Mike the spokesperson hip hop needs?  You have to love his professionalism in handling the questions asked, and his responses draw much applause from the crowd. This, to me, is what protestors and blacks need to do to gain respect and to make headway in this mass movement of violence. If police call the National Guard to come in and break things up, it's because people aren't handling the police's actions very well (which is very much understandable), but is answering the response of violence with more violence really an effective answer?  I would love not to see more people killed, no matter where it may be (I'm not exactly an activist myself, but I don't really enjoy getting on the internet and reading about riots, cars being flipped over, stores looted and people being killed, the idea of martial law gets more real with more riots). Mike also discusses racism in America and Michelle Obama's comments on it, you can checkout that video right here.

                                             (*I do not own this video or the rights to it*)

       

No comments:

Post a Comment