Friday, March 16, 2018

Bishop Nehru Taps MF DOOM On The Boards For New Song, "Again And Again", Drops New Album "Elevators: Act I & II"



Earlier today, Bishop Nehru blessed the public with another drop, this time tapping frequent collaborator and underground legend MF DOOM and producer Kaytranada.

The new drop finds Bishy dropping lyrical hammers over some smooth introduction jazz flute, then keeping with the jazz vibes, transitioning into some crazy horns and percussion in which Nehru rightfully spits his on point flow over.

The song lives on a project that Nehru just dropped, titled Elevators: Act I & II, which features production entirely from MF DOOM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada producer Kaytranada, as well as the Emmy-Award-winning James Hall Worship and Praise choir to give backing vocals on several tracks. Bishop explains the album below;

"This project is a collection of my feelings straight from my heart, all of my ideas were created specifically off of instinct and intuitive occurrences. This album is my answer to the question, 'what would you say your music sounds like?' My answer to that would be 'Grammy Rap.' There's 'Mumble Rap' and then there's 'Grammy Rap.' With this project I was largely influenced by music theory and Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys. This is my attempt at a 'rap' Pet Sounds."

You can stream Bishop's new collaboration album on any streaming service (well, at least Spotify and Apple Music, as far as I know), and you can check out one of the new songs off the album, "Again & Again" below.


(*I do not own this song, artwork, or the rights to them*)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment