Friday, March 6, 2015

Why Kanye West Is A Decent Person (And Not The Psycho You Make Him Out To Be)

Rants. Music rebelling racism. Angry outbursts. "Selling out" in his music. "Selling out" by entering the fashion industry. There are a lot of things you could hate Kanye for, the list is endless, but I believe there is more to Kanye than meets the eye (and ear). Behind every psychopath (or whatever you claim Kanye to be) there is a reason for their methods, and there is a reason for why they act the way they do. For all we know Kanye really is just an insane egomaniac that is only driven by the success of himself, but the fact that he is now married with a child tells me that his motives are either changing, or not so much what people have made them out to be. In this post I am going to prove to you that Kanye West is not the psychopath that the media, and even the people make him out to be.

If you've been keeping track of Kanye's craziness as of late (even if you're not a Yeezy music fan, you have to admit his shenanigans with the media are always interesting), there's been a lot of stuff to keep track of (even for Kanye): the first of these doings is the release of the new Yeezy Boost from Adidas. Kanye's Yeezy shoes have been a staple and a must have in any sneaker head's collection since their inception, but Kanye is giving his newest release a different feel. Now being backed by one of the biggest shoe companies in the world (Adidas), Kanye is aiming to be able to put out the Yeezy Boost for everybody for purchase, and not just the "higher-class" individuals that you see wearing them in paparazzi photos (rich people). Kanye even took it a step farther with the release of the Boost, doing so much as to show up to fans' houses and work places to give them their pairs personally. If I was into those weird looking Adidas', I'd sure be happy if Kanye showed up to give me my pair.

Look at the excitement on these fans' faces. Whether you want to believe it or not, this made Kanye's day too.

Other inspiring things Kanye has been doing of late is doing things like speaking publicly, the most recent being Oxford University (the reason for this being that Oxford University is apparently baby North West's future alma matter). Kanye is noticeably changing his attitude and doing good things with it, and it shows in a few quotes he gave from his latest speech at Oxford (which Yahoo! has reported). See below:

(On his ego)
"One of my biggest Achilles heels has been my ego. And if I, Kanye West, the very person, can remove my ego, I think there’s hope for everyone."

(On his reputation with the media)
"People say I have a bad reputation. I think I've got the best reputation in the building. They want you to have a reputation of tucking your black nail polish into your pockets and sitting in the corner of the class, and not fighting for your ideas out of fear of being ridiculed. ... That's one of my favorite ones… to be called crazy."

(On Materialism)
"Time is the only luxury. It’s the only thing you can’t get back. If you lose your luggage – I’m not gonna say the obvious brand of luggage that I’d normally say because I’ve got a meeting with them soon – if you lose your expensive luggage at the airport, you can get that back. You can’t get the time back. It feels like people do everything in life to get this BMW, this Benz, to get this town-home, to get 2.5 kids exactly. One of them has to be small, y’know! And you’re looking for this moment where you sit in your BMW after all the work you’ve done and all the accolades you get, and you somehow think you’re gonna get that level of joy that my daughter had when she received [her favorite toy]."

Has that sold you on Kanye yet (hopefully not shown the "sold out" Kanye but hopefully SELLS YOU on how decent of a person he really can be I mean. Anyways, has it)?  Some people cannot get it through their brains that Kanye is a kind, helping person who doesn't attack paparazzi in his free time just for fun. If my words can't convince you, then maybe you can check out his Breakfast Club interview with Power 105.1 and that will convince you that he is uhm... "human" (although he slanders his ex Amber Rose in the interview, but Amber went at Kim in her comments on Twitter, Kanye has to protect his wife in that case). I believe there is hope for Kanye West, and I feel like I've said this before, but just because we see someone as insane in the news (or in normal people's case, hear crazy rumors about them) doesn't mean that these people are actually insane themselves. Check out Kanye's Breakfast Club interview below.

                                            (*I do not own this video or the rights to it*)















No comments:

Post a Comment