Saturday, June 11, 2016

Talib Kweli Talks About Meeting Kanye West For the First Time


Every now and then a legend will come through a leading podcast (seemingly more and more now as podcasts it seems are where the gems are hidden these days) and drop a few jewels that fans and fellow hip hop nerds have never heard before, and on The Drink Champs podcast, Talib Kweli came through and did just that.

Kweli stopped in to The Drink Champs podcast to talk about a few things, most notably first meeting Kanye West. "Kanye come through the door, I never seen this nigga, I never heard of this nigga. He said 'I'm here to meet Mos Def.' I said 'well guess what, he might not show up. But who are you?' He said 'Mos Def told me to meet him here, I got some beats.' I said 'play me the beats. I'm working on an album.'" And as you know, the rest is history. Check out the rest of the story in the interview below. It gets a tad annoying with N.O.R.E constantly interrupting Talib's story, but is mostly entertaining.


(*I do not own this video, or the rights to it*)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment