Friday, June 7, 2019

Big K.R.I.T. Drops New SIngle "Krit Iz Here", Announces Album Of The Same Name



Join and rejoice Big K.R.I.T. fans, because today.. today was Christmas for those waiting so long (TOO long) for their Mississippi savior to return to rap. But, with that being said; y'all finally got your wish (we did, we all did).

Big K.R.I.T. took the news to most social media outlets today (as least Twitter and Facebook, as far as I've seen) to celebrate the 9 year anniversary of his classic debut mixtape K.R.I.T. Wuz Here as he announced not only the drop of a new song and music video for it, but also an entirely brand new ALBUM to be dropping next month (July 12th, to be exact), both aptly titled K.R.I.T. IZ HERE. Oh, sometimes is it surely great to see some things go back to the way they were. Big K.R.I.T., with slapping instrumentals, slaying the game and slashing emcees. Ah, what a (at least right now) great time to be involved in hip hop.

Now those day 1 K.R.I.T. fans could only assume that this newly announced album is going to somewhat draw back to the (thought they always have been) Southern influenced, boom bap and bass bumping humble beginnings of the Southern emcee, but does that mean we're getting a complete throwback for old times sake, or does K.R.I.T. have something else in store for fans?  It will be interesting to see as always, from one of the few and far in between most unique and talented artists and lyricists in the game today. Check out the artwork for the new album above, as well as the video for the new song below, as we can only get more excited in anticipation for a new K.R.I.T. drop.


(*I do not own this video, song, or the rights to either*)









       

No comments:

Post a Comment