Thursday, January 14, 2016

5 Awesome GTA 5 Songs

So in case I've never told y'all, I play a lot of video games. When you're sitting and doing nothing, there's really nothing better to pass the time than to rock some NBA 2K, save Gotham City, or in this case, run around Los Santos terrorizing the city and making bunches of money driving really fast expensive cars and searching for alien spaceships parts (we don't all have the same interests). I've been playing a lot of Grand Theft Auto 5 lately for some reason (I know I'm a tad late to the game, although I did end up buying it for previous and new gen consoles), and I'm just now realizing how many awesome songs Grand Theft Auto 5 has turned me on to. Here's 5 songs from GTA 5 that I never knew about until I started playing.

Life Of A Mack - 100s


I had never heard "Life Of A Mack" or of 100s before, but this beat is just too wavy not to jig to (and bump through the TV speakers sipping a little bit of some good liquor). 100s (also known as Kossisko) is a Berkeley, CA rapper who is known widely for his G-Funk style of rap, and boy is he keeping the West Coast style with his music. He released an EP in 2014 by the name of Ivry, and based on the sound of "Life Of A Mack", it might be worth a listen.

MC Eiht & Freddie Gibbs ft. Kokane - Welcome To Los Santos


I still find it amazing that Grand Theft Auto is such a big game that artists will make songs exclusively for the game itself, and MC Eiht, Freddie Gibbs and Kokane's "Welcome To Los Santos" is another perfect example of that. This song captures the feeling of riding around in the 6-4 with the bass thumpin' (not that I would know what that feels like, I'd love to though), and is one of many appearances that Freddie Gibbs makes on GTA 5's soundtrack.

Smokin' and Ridin' -BJ The Chicago Kid ft. Freddie Gibbs & Problem


Another Appearance from GTA 5 favorite Freddie Gibbs is on the hook king BJ The Chicago Kid's "Smokin' and Ridin'". There aren't many songs more smooth than this record, and BJ The Chicago Kid's angelic vocals grace this song and ride the hook like a wave (did you like that description? I wrote it myself).

Trouble ft. Gucci Mane - Everyday


This song is definitely a guilty pleasure; I've never been much of a Gucci Mane fan besides his song "Heavy" back in the day (came out around 2010 I believe), but this song has that sort of same hypnotizing beat that "Heavy" did (for me, at least). The beat is hard, the bass is heavy, and the melody screams Gucci Mane as soon as it comes on. Classic Gucci sound on this one! (Oh, and Trouble's not too bad either.)

Freddie Gibbs & Mike Dean - Sellin' Dope

          (*I do not own any of these songs, or the rights to them*)

But when it comes to hard (although Gucci is up there), it doesn't get much harder than Freddie Gibbs and Mike Dean's "Sellin' Dope." I mean this is straight up drug trafficking, speaker blaring, gun totin', gangsta music!  When I bump this I feel like I should be paranoid that the cops are coming (even though all I do is write and play video games, I got nothing to hide!).

So there's a few awesome GTA exclusives that you can only get with Grand Theft Auto 5 (although you can find them all online, obviously, they're not pulling anything like this dumb Apple Music and TIDAL war that's going on with exclusive music now). You have to love when artists can come together to put out music for a big cause like this; if this is the way to unite rappers of different coasts and areas of origin, then I say collaborate away! (I'm already excited about the idea of more collaborations for Grand Theft Auto 6)     

 


    



    












       


    

No comments:

Post a Comment