Sunday, August 3, 2014

Internet Video Blogs: Why People Love a Day in the Life of a Superstar

I'll admit, whenever I get online to do my check ups, (songs, videos, mix tapes, etc.) I do have the guilty pleasure of watching the occasional Wiz Khalifa DayToday blog. I haven't even listened to any of his new music since after Cabin Fever 2 came out. I'll tell you what though, when it comes to watching that man live his life there's just something sweet about those videos that make me tune in for the next one, and I can't be the only one. Is anyone else guilty of getting caught up in the life of a superstar in his/her/their internet vlog?

In a generation where the internet basically rules the world, musicians and artists (mostly rappers that I've seen, I don't know if Taylor Swift does the occasional "look at me and how awesome I'm living" video, although I'm sure people would watch) know how to keep up in this young and hip day and age. What's the saying, if you can't beat em, join em?  Not to mention all the fans that tune in, if these artists give a day for when the next one airs they'll be waiting by their computer like Eminem and 50 Cent (although probably not as patiently, who knows).

But really when you look at it, who isn't doing this nowadays?  Internet vlogs are the new thing so to speak, such artists as Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, Action Bronson, Slaughterhouse, and many more love to keep their fans updated with things like tour vlogs, a simple day in the life, or even traveling and just trying new foods (Bronson's "Fuck That's Delicious," I'd imagine watching it I'd just get hungry). But speaking as a fan of them myself, I have to admit I love the idea. I've watched Wiz's DayToday's basically since season 1, I've seen almost every episode (regrettably), and when it comes down to it, some of these videos really do give fans what they wish to see; a day in the life of a superstar.

Seriously though, I'd very much appreciate to live this type of life style.  Who wouldn't?  I'm low key jealous watching Wiz's DayToday's. All you see this man doing is living his life; he smokes weed, he drinks, goes on tour and performs, occasionally hits the jewelry store for a new chain, I mean come on. Not only is this sort of thing just TOO cool for people to watch, it benefits the artist that much more. That gives much more head room for artists to not only promote themselves, but other artists and friends as well. As a die hard hip hop fan, admittedly I really do like to be the first one to let people know the news on not only my favorite artists, but theirs as well.

Isn't it amazing how simply watching videos of people living can cause so much envy for fans?  Could they maybe even be motivation for some people to do better to a point?  I suppose we'll see the next big artist on the come up documenting it all themselves soon enough. Watching Wiz that early in his career back in 2009 and 2010 and thinking about it all now is crazy. He sold out a little too much for my liking, but even just thinking about that time period is a crazy, yet wonderful thing. Artists on the come up surely should be taking notes if they haven't been already. Maybe there's something to letting people get to know you and your journey to "the top." Or maybe people just can't help but succumb to artists' insane vlogs and rich lifestyle. I'm not sure which one I'm more drawn to yet. Well, maybe I am, but just scared to admit it... 





 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment