Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sneakerhead Rappers

So other than my love for hip hop, I have an absolutely tremendous love for sneakers. Nikes, Jordans, Adidas', I really don't discriminate style. When it comes to shoes, I'm always looking at peoples feet when I first meet them, and everybody does it, whether they want to admit it or not!  What shoes somebody wears says a lot about their character (or maybe you'd think so). So I figured I'd put together a post of some of the biggest rap sneaker heads, and there are certainly a lot of them out there for sure. So let's get started, shall we? 

Wale

Wale is a huge sneaker head. He rocks some of the most exclusive kicks you could find anywhere, I've seen him with some never before seen stuff before (how he gets them I don't know, you have to be tight with Nike headquarters to be able to get some of these kicks). Anyways, in the pictures above Wale is seen rocking a couple of pairs of LeBron 9s.

Stalley



















Stalley is an Ohioan who has just as much love for sneakers as the next rapper. He's been involved in some big sneaker sites and interviews, including nicekicks.com, where he discussed his 25 favorite sneakers. In the pictures above Stalley is seen rocking the famous Jordan Retro 3s, along with some other retro Nikes, along with some Jordan boxes and what looks like they could be Durant's in the second picture.

Rick Ross



















Rick Ross is a HUGE (literally) sneaker head and has been known to rock all types of big expensive and rare sneakers. Ross is actually a known endorser of Reebok, although there was a rumor some time ago that he lost his Reebok endorsement due to some lyrics he got in trouble for included in one of his songs "U.O.E.N.O" awhile back. In the pictures above Ross is seen rocking some cool grey Jordan retro 11 lows and some reeboks along with another big Reebok endorser, producer/hype man Swiss Beatz.

Game




















 
Game is always on his "game" (corny? probably) when it comes to sneakers, and you can almost always see him rocking some special pairs of Jordans or Nikes when you catch him out. If you've seen his fight video against his usual nemesis 40 Glocc, Game actually says to his phone camera that he got some of 40 Glocc's blood on his retro sixes during the fight. Not a man you want to mess with, but discussing sneakers could be an interesting topic of conversation with Game. In the pics above Game is seen rocking some pretty exclusive LeBron 11s and some always fly looking retro 4s with the Bulls color way.
 
So these are just a few of the big rapper sneaker heads out there, and we barely even scratched the surface when it comes to rare and expensive sneaker finds, but I will have many more rapper-associated sneaker posts coming in the future. As I said above I am a huge sneaker fan and I'm always looking to cop some retros or fly Nikes when I get my chance (though they are insanely expensive and hard to find). I'll also be posting some pictures of a few of my pairs of sneaks that I have on my Google+ page, be sure to check them out if you get the chance, and definitely let me know your favorite finds and your "grails" as the sneaker heads call them. I'd love it if you tagged me in pictures of your newest pickups, and I'll be sure to do the same in other posts. So get at me on Google+ and Twitter (@SuperNovaRover) and lets talk sneakers!      
 
 
 
 
 
    
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment